Oklahoma City Blazers beats Dallas Snipers 3-1 after comeback scare

Dallas Snipers tried its best to erase a three-goal deficit, but Oklahoma City Blazers would not be denied the victory and hung on to win, 3-1. 

Oklahoma City Blazers took a 3-0 lead during the third period, only to have Dallas Snipers storm back on a Alexander Kotzman goal 7:06 into the third period to pull to two goals down. 

Oklahoma City Blazers was led by goalie Jakub Krejci, who finished with 28 saves while allowing one goal. The solid play of Krejci will be reflected in his goals against average, which pre-game was 2.97. 

Oklahoma City Blazers excelled on the penalty kill, not giving up a single goal in nine chances. Oklahoma City Blazers could not produce up to its normal offensive output. Oklahoma City Blazers puts an average of 5.3 pucks into the net per game. Oklahoma City Blazers forced Dallas Snipers goalie Renaud Gaboury to work between the pipes, taking 51 shots. Oklahoma City Blazers was hit hard by penalties in the contest, and totaled 12 minors and one major for 29 minutes in penalty time. 

Oklahoma City Blazers was helped by Jared Guffey, who registered one goal. Guffey scored 3:06 into the second period to make the score 2-0 Oklahoma City Blazers. Matt Levene picked up the assist. Oklahoma City Blazers also got points from Levene, who also had one goal and one assist to lead the team in points. Petr Kobes also scored for Oklahoma City Blazers. More assists for Oklahoma City Blazers came via Colton Nelson, who had two and Mike Evans and Kole Hudson, who each chipped in one. 

Dallas Snipers put up an impenetrable defensive front on the penalty kill, and did not allow Oklahoma City Blazers to score on any of its three power plays. Dallas Snipers was held below its usual level of production. Dallas Snipers averages 4.1 goals per game. 

In addition, Dallas Snipers received assists from Price Dworin and Dusan Olsa, who contributed one each. 

Dallas Snipers' Gaboury stopped 48 shots out of the 51 that he faced. Dallas Snipers ended with 21 minutes in penalty time with eight minors and one major.